Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge #10

Hello!  I stumbled across the Merry Monday challenge while visiting the talented Sandi MacIver's blog (I visit her quite often for inspiration).  At first I thought "Oh... Christmas cards now?"  But then I read the thought behind the challenge - 'Making Christmas Cards all year long - one week at a time'.  What a fun idea! Depending on how many weeks you participate by Christmas you can have a good stack to send out and have one less thing to do during the busy holiday season.  So... my second thought was "Yeah - I'm gonna give it a go!" and here is my card for the Merry Monday #10 Challenge.

This is my interpretation of Sandi's great sketch.  I really wanted to use this darling snowman that I barely touched during Christmas last year - but that meant I had to make some modifications to Sandi's great sketch to get it on the card.  I colored my snowman's hat and buttons with my blender pens (#102845) and some residual ink from my Classic Black stamp pad. It didn't flow as nicely as I wanted so I switched to using my blender pens and a teeny tiny drop of ink from my ink refill of the Pool Party, Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade colors.    Not much room for a sentiment so I left that off the front and put on the inside (see below).  The die-cut is from the Attic Boutique Side Notes (from the Occassions Mini).  These die cuts coordinate so perfectly with the DSP.  Hope you enjoy this card and hope you found a little bit of new inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies (all are from Stampin Up!):  Cardstock - Whisper White and Pool Party (In-color 2011-2013 collection), Stamp - Snow Much Fun #122560 (wood) or 122562 (clear), Punch - Lace Ribbon Border punch #122362, Ribbon - 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Pool Party #122975, Pearls - basic pearls #119247, Patterned paper - Attic Boutique DSP #125407 (available until April 30th in the Occassions Mini).

6 comments:

  1. That snowman is one of my favorites and you used him wonderfully! Love the combo of Whisper White and Pool Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I think the sketch is still visible and it's such a great challenge I am sure you will be equally addicted very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am already addicted because I'm already thinking ahead to what paper, theme or stamp set I want to use next week - LOL. I think what is especially nice about this challenge is that it's fun to think about it a week at a time without the pressure of getting all your cards done in late November or December (yep, I usually wait until then to start). Thanks so much for your note.

      Delete
  3. This set is on my list! What a handsome snowbuddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle,
    I am so happy you have found me and my sketches! Happy to hear you are enjoying it and are planning for next week!!! An adorable card, love that trim punch and the pearl accents. That snowman is adorable!!! Thank you for joining me at Merry Monday.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!