Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Paper Players Challenge #87 - CAS with Buttons

Hello friends.  Nance Leedy at The Paper Players have come up with challenge that I just couldn't pass up.  This weeks challenge from Nance is to create a Clean and Simple (CAS) card using buttons.  Clean and simple is usually right up my alley - but buttons aren't something I typically think to use when I'm putting together a card.  Love the look of them on a card though - so perfect time to "think" to use them in the creative process.  Here is the card I am submitting for this challenge. Thanks Nance for the opportunity to play with the Paper Players this week.

This is another card that I used the NEW and COMING SOON "Summer Smooches" DSP on.  Orange is such a happy energetic color for me and I really love purple and orange together.  It's one of my favorite combos.  I just know you are going to love this new DSP! 

Here are the details on this card - Supplies (all are from Stampin Up! except Copic markers): Cardstock - Perfect Plum, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White.  DSP - NEW and COMING SOON "Summer Smooches".  Stamps - The Nicest Things (girls) and Just Believe (friends).  Flowers are made using the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (122464).  Buttons are from the Brights  Designer Buttons collections (119747) and a couple pink ones from my retired stash. I couldn't resist putting a few teeny pearls from the Basic Pearls (   ) on there too.  The image is one of the first ones I colored with Copic markers.  It has sat on my work table for quite a while waiting for me to find a card to put it on.  I love when I'm able to use spare parts or "changed my mind" elements at some later time when the idea is right.   

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you so leave me a note if you saw something you liked. Make it a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Danielle, I love your color scheme and what a beautifully colored image. The button flowers are the perfect finishing touch. So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle! This image is sooo sweet and you've done a wonderful job coloring it. Your button placement is perfect and I love how you've layered the blossom punch. So glad you joined my button challenge at The Paper Players! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies - I just love getting your nice comments on my creations. Always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this card is just darling! I am so loving this sweet image of these two best friends and you colored the image beautifully! Great job at placing the buttons for the perfect accent and I like the addition of the Build a Blossom punch, too! And yes, I agree with you on the new Summer Smooches DSP...it's going to be a fun one to use! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ~Heidi at stuckonstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!