Friday, May 11, 2012

Merry Monday #19

Hello Friends - Happy Friday!  Last week I just couldn't seem to get my Merry On with all that I had going on - and this week has been kind of crazy too, but I was able to finally find a little time to play with this great sketch from Lesley at Always Playing with Paper - which is the site for the weekly Merry Monday challenges.  This card is based on the Merry Monday #19 Challenge. 

As you can see, I interpreted the sketch just a wee bit to accomodate an idea I have been wanting to try since receiving my Lable Framelit dies.  If you look closely you will see what looks like a shadow.  What that is is a window cut-out - you can see it a little better in the pictures below and of the inside.  Popped the trees up with dimension dots so that even when it's closed there is some dimension to the card.  I dug up some fun paper from a couple seasons ago to use for this card while I am so very eagerly awaiting my Stampin Up! preorder that is supposed to be delivered sometime today (whoo hoo!).  I pre-ordered some great Christmas stuff - so be watching for a sample of it next week when I participate in the next Merry Monday challenge.  Thanks so much for stopping by - I hope you saw something that inspired you!  Have a most wonderful weekend won't you?!  Hugs!


 

Supplies (all from Stampin UP!): Cardstock - Garden Green and Whisper White.  Stamps - Polar Party (trees) and Tiny Tags.  DSP - Candy Cane (retired 2010). Ribbon - 1/4" grosgrain in real red.  I used the jewelry tag punch for the little sentiment tags.  I colored the image with Copic markers.  I used three of the sizes in the Lables Collection Framelit dies for the inside.    

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Danielle! Thank you SO MUCH for your fabulous comment on my blog--it really made my day! LOVE THIS--the bright colors are so amazing! I hope you get a chance to play along at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown this week--we're a Christmas only challenge blog and we'd LOVE to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Christmas card, Danielle! Love the tree image and your pretty paper! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mynnette, you just made my day!! I haven't stumbled upon the 52 {Christmas}Card Throwdown yet - but I'll sure go check it out. Thanks so much for leaving me a note :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, love the window. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love this!!! fab idea to make a window card :)
    so glad you joined us on merry mondays.
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danielle,
    What a wonderful card you have created, the window idea is really neat! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Nina for selecting my card as your Top Pick for Merry Monday #19 - I'm am so thrilled and honored to be chosen amongst all the wonderful entries!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!