Sunday, June 10, 2012

FMS#38 and Dynamic Duos #6 {Praying for You}

Hello once again.  I am combining two fun challenges for this card today.  The colors for the card are from the Dynamic Duos #6 challenge (Regal Rose and Basic Grey) and the layout (which I flipped on its side) is courtesy of Freshly Made Sketches #38
I chose to make a sympathy card for these challenges (or it could also be an encouragement or hope card too with this sentiment). Thankfully I don't need sympathy cards very often - but I also don't make very many so I don't usually have on on hand when I do need one.  This card could just as easily be a Happy Birthday, Mother's Day, Friend or Thank you card by changing the sentiment.  The colors and layout would work perfectly with those themes as well.

A trend that I've come across recently is sending your handmade cards with the option for your recipient to pass it forward one more time.    How this works is that you put your own personal sentiment on an insert inside the card (with a note on the back that the card can by recycled and shared again) and leave the inside base blank for the next use.  If you provided a couple extra sentiments (like I mentioned above) then the recipient could then pop their new sentiment on top of the original one and add their message inside to forward to the next lucky, and loved, recipient.  I'm not completely on board with this for myself as I keep every handmade card I am given. However, I do know that not everyone is a saver like me and I do like the idea that someone might like the card I made so much that they would want to pass it forward and share with someone else (sharing the love is nice too).

Hope you enjoyed today's card.  Thanks so much for stopping by to visit - I'm sure glad you did!  The design team samples for both of these challenges are amazing and full of inspiration - I highly recommend that you go visit there as well.  Have a most wonderful day won't you?! Hugs!

Supplies (all from Stampin Up!): Cardstock - Regal Rose,Whisper White and Basic Grey.  Stamps - Thoughts and Prayers.  Ink - Basic Grey and Regal Rose (to get the two colors on the image I used my Stampin Write markers).  The tiny punched flowers are from one of the punches in the Bitty Punch Pack.  Patterned paper is from the Patterns Designer Series Paper Pack in the Neutrals collection.

12 comments:

  1. JUst Gorgeous! Fabulous colours..LOving the papers.
    Chrissyxx
    Can't 'recycle' lol...I too keep all handmade cards...They've been made with soooo much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I love the added details to your flowers. Thanks for playing at Dynamic Duos & Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely sympathy card. Love your mix of patterns and the pretty knotted bow. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle! Gorgeous card and I love your idea for passing it forward! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card, nice for a Sympathy card. Thanks' for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these small flowers are so cute! The pattern paper and the ribbon go together so well!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just lovely Danielle, the colour palettte is perfect for this card type and the pearls and flowers add such lovely dimension!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card Danielle! I've been eyeing this set up for years and now that's it's available in clear...it's on the list!!! I love the pearl accents and the idea of recycling! I may just have to try that sometime! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your nice notes. It's interesting to hear other's perspectives on the recycling idea :o) I wasn't so sure after I added the flowers if I really wanted them on there - but it's nice to hear that some of you like them, so I'm glad that I kept them. I appreciate that you took the time to leave me a comment - it makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm...interesting trend you mentioned, about having the recipient send on a card you just sent! Not sure I'm on board with that. I'm like you, saving the cards that are sent to me. :)

    I've always loved this SU sympathy/get well set. It looks so serene and beautiful here in these Dynamic Duo colors.

    Thanks for visiting me today...and yes, I DO have a card in the July / August issue of Paper Crafts! It's the artichoke card on page 23, I believe. Thanks for noticing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card, Danielle! Love the added detail you added to the flowers. I've also heard about this trend of recycling cards but I can never bring myself to do it. I feel badly about giving away a card that a friend has handmade. Guess I'm too sentimental. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad that there are other sentimental people like me!! Thanks for your nice notes Colleen and Anne Marie :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!