Saturday, June 9, 2012

Inspired By #7 {Limes and Margaritas}

Hello and Happy Weekend to all of you!  I have been watching this fun challenge called Inspired By that uses different photos for the challenges.  There have been a lot of photo inspiration challenges from this site that have caught my eye (like the apron one recently) but I haven't been able to play along at the time.  I am happy to finally be able to participate for the first time with this week's photo inspiration (see below):

This card uses a stamp set that I purchased because it made me laugh out loud as it seemed to fit my life situation right now (AND I love margaritas - on the rocks please, not blended - LOL). This fun photo for the Inspired By #27 challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to use it once again. I was so excited, I'm mean it's just too perfect - and I just had to play along! As my daughter would say "I know...right?"

I stamped the lime background with a retired Stampin Up set in Lucky Limeade.  The margarita glasses are first embossed in black and then were colored in with a blender pen and Pool Party ink.  Then I gave those yummy looking blue margaritas a salty (or it could be sugary) rim using Dazzling Details glitter glue (note: I used colors from a previous Dynamic Duos challenge - aren't they fun together?).  Hope you like this card and thanks so much for stopping by to visit!  If this photo inspires you too please play along, I'm sure the hostess would love to have you do so.

Supplies: Cardstock - Lucky Limead, Pool Party and Whisper White (all Stampin Up!). Ink: Pool Party and Lucky Limeade (both Stampin Up!). Stamps - Unity Stamp Co. & Jilly Bean Soup "When Life Gives you Limes" (sentiment and glasses) and Tart & Tangy (retired Stampin Up!) for the limes on the background.  Salted rim - Dazzling Details glitter glue (SU).  Perfect Polka Dots Textured embossing folder (SU). 

2 comments:

  1. What a great take on the challenge, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurel! I was glad to finally be able to play along :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!