Saturday, July 7, 2012

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Sketch #7

Hello friends!  Thanks for popping in to visit me today for my very first post as a DT for 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - whoo hoo!! Since this is the first week of the month the we have a sketch challenge for you (see below). 
I couldn't decide if I wanted to go cute or classic - so I did one of each for this week's challenge inspiration.  You can add lots of layers (as I have done with the card above) , you can flip this sketch (as I've done below),  you can keep it CAS, or you can embellish it up to the hilt (just make sure the sketch is still obvious).  On both of my cards I expanded the size of the main rectangle slightly.





As soon as I saw this darling new set from Stampin Up I knew I had to have it for the cards I will make for our younger group of family and friends.  This set will also make darling tags for packages - I can't wait to try that!! I used the new Finishing Touches Edgelits.  This is just a single edge strip so I had to run it through my Big Shot 4 times to get the edging all around the primrose layer. I did get it a bit off when I placed the Big Shot clear plate on top though so next time I'll use a dab of dotto to hold it in place a little better. I still like how it turned out though - gives it kind a fun and funky vibe that goes along with the stamps and card in general. I colored the stamps with my SU markers to get the different colors and stamped the deer's scarf on a scrap of pink and then pieced it onto the image. I used a retired SU snowflake punch and snipped off the ends to create the green snowflakes which mimic the snowflakes on the DSP.

Here's the other card I made with this week's sketch:

Please pop into the 52 {Christmas} Card Challenge blog and see the wonderful creations the rest of the DT has created and shared with you for inspiration. I hope that you will decide to join us in this fun challenge - we are seeing our numbers growing and the inspiration I'm getting from all of you is just amazing! Remember, the sketch is just a starting point for your creativity - can't wait to see what you do with it!

Supplies for "cute" deer card (all from Stampin Up! except as noted): Cardstock - I used 3 of the NEW In-Colors on this card called Gumball Green (base),  Primrose Petal and Raspberry Ripple.  I also used Very Vanilla.  Stamps - sentiment and deer from No Peeking.  DSP - Be of Good Cheer.  Misc - colored rhinestones.

Supplies for "classic" deer card (all from Stampin UP!): Cardstock - Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla. DSP - Be of Good Cheer. Stamp - Christmas Deer (NEW). I snipped the little bird out and placed in the deer's antlers.  I used a 1" and and 1 1/4" circle punch for the sentiment (sentiment is from a retired rub-on set from SU).

3 comments:

  1. Now this is something I've never done lol....TWO Christmas Cards at one go!!!! Slow down girl..
    Both Fabulous cards. Fabulous colours and I LOve that little reindeer with his scarf...
    Congratulations on your DT post too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Danielle! LOVE these!!! The fabulous and darling reindeer on the first is just too cute, and the second reindeer is so elegant! This is an excellent start to your career with us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're firing on all cylinders with your first DT cards Danielle - I LOVE both your cute and classic cards! You've added such lovely details!
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of your lovely creations!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!