Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Addicted to Stamps and More! Scrapbook Challenge #4

Hello all my crafty friends!  The Scrapbook Challenge #4 theme at Addicted to Stamps and More! (formerly Addicted to Stamps) is AUTUMN.  I haven't had much time to craft lately (now making a crabby face)  but I did happen to have this stuff out for a calendar that I have been making which fit the bill perfectly for the ATS scrapbooking challenge - so I quickly put it together.  This page is all about my son, whom I recently sent off to college (boo hoo!!!). Isn't he a cutie patootie?  His birthday is in November so he gets the honor of being Mr. November for my calender - he he.  When I make these calendars I try to make each month special to a family member (or members if they have shared birthday months) or event.  So for example, the April calendar page is all about me, my husband and our daughter who all have birthdays that month (my daughter and her Daddy share the same birthday even).  October is for the kiddos dressed up in their Halloween costumes.  I vary the pictures between old and new depending on what moves me (and how far behind I am in scrapbooking).  This will be my second calendar - after the year has expired I cut the bottom strip off and stash the pages in a scrapbook. I will often put a note on the back side of the page to describe the pictures or events on the calendar page. 

Scrapbooking is really my first love - I did that before I started making cards.  For me cards are little gifts I make for people to make them smile - but scrapbooking is for me to savor the wonderful memories I have now and for my kids and grandkids (future grandkids that is) to cherish later.   

Do you like to scrapbook? If so go check out this challenge at ATS and make a page to share.  I really like that ATS has added a scrapbook challenge in addition to the cards - it will help me get caught up on my memories :o)  Hope you will decide to play along too so I can get some inspiration from you. 

Thanks so much for stopping by to vist today - I'm sure glad that you did.  Til next tiime - Hugs and Happy Crafting!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle - I really enjoyed reading your post and I love the idea of a family calendar. This scrapbook page is stunning and a great layout - thanks for joining in our monthly scrapbook challenge at 'ATS & More' - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! WoW! This is STunning! I've never done anything like this! What FABulous colours And a FABulous design. I LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Danielle! Love your layout and colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the family calendar idea and this page is very special I'm sure.

    Best Wishes from Chrissie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son is so handsome! Love your November page and the leaves and twine are perfect! My daughter, Danielle will be going to college next year. How time flies, she grew up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Danielle - love this layout; and you're quite right, he is definitely a cutie patootie!!!! Love the dog as well........ What a brilliant idea to theme the calendar around a family member's birthday. I'll have to remember that one. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout Danielle. Mr. November is very handsome! Such a lovely photo of you both.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!