Monday, September 10, 2012

ATS Sketch Challenge #2 and ColourQ #153

Hello and Happy Monday to all of you, my blog friends!  This card is based on the great sketch at Addicted to Stamps - ATS Sketch Challenge #2 and my colors are based on the colourQ challenge #153 (CQC153).


 I was inspired by the flowers in the photo and thought they would look great as my "Circles" in the sketch.  I also  happened to have these daisy cut outs on my desk from another project that I had changed my mind on so that was also a great bonus for me in putting this card together rather quickly.  Doesn't this DSP paper work perfectly for the colors in the colourq challenge?  I used a mix of retired and current SU products for this card - it feels good to use up some of my stash and still use something new too. 

In typical fashion for how my life has been going lately, I am entering both of these challenges at the ninth-hour so will be quick with my post today :o) The gals at the ATS challenge are also looking for a guest designer so I am happily submitting my name and crossing my fingers that I might be chosen. They do a wonderful job with this fun and growing challenge each week. Please pop over there and see the DT samples for this week's sketch if you get a chance - they are wonderful.
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today - I'm so very glad that you did.  'Til next time - Hugs and Happy Crafting!!
 
Supplies (all from Stampin Up!):  Cardstock - Whisper White, Pool Party and Barely Banana (retired).  DSP - Domestic Godess (retired).  Daisies are from the Flower - Daisies #2 Sizzix Die (retired) the flower middles are Chocolate Chip cardstock which was first textured with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (one of my favs) and then punched with the 1/2" and 1" circle punches.  The sentiment is from a NEW hostess set out of the Holiday Mini catalog called Mixed Medley.  I stamped it with Chocolate Chip ink and then punched it out with my 3/4" circle punch.  I edged each of the daisies with some Chocolate Chip ink.  The Pool Party strip is textured with the new Delicate Designs folder.  The ribbon is the 1/2" scalloped dots ribbon in chocolate chip.  The Calypso Coral brads are from the 3/8" Designer Printed Brads collection.  

7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic job you did combining these two challenges, Danielle! Your color interpretation is wonderful and I love the tinges on your cheery blossoms!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, I LOVE what you did with the sketch. It worked out perfectly with the flowers, they are gorgeous. The colours are wonderful too! Thanks so much for playing along at ATS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle, lovely to see you again at ATS with this gorgeous card, the flowers are fabulous and the colours divine, a great take on the sketch and just perfect for our challenge at ATS. Thanks so much for your continued support and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle - another lovely card from you, fabulous flowers. Thanks so much for joining in at ATS this week - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Danielle, I forgot about that paper and I love it as your background for the beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome card, Danielle! Love the plaid! So glad you joined us at the ColourQ last week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! I really like how you placed the sentiment in the flower center, neat idea! I love that Daisy die too, it's one of my favorite dies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!