Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Additcted to Stamps and More! Theme Challenge #3 {Halloween}

Hello friends!  Here is it October and my first official card as a DT member for Addicted to Stamps and More! Theme Challenge #3 {Halloween}.  I have admit that Halloween has never been one of my favorite holidays - especially from the aspect of the spoooky, dark and sssscary.  And...I'm not a huge fan of candy.  Believe it or not, I can make a candy bar last a week.  When I was little I would still have candy in my pumpkin on Valentine's day and would use it as bargaining (aka bribes) with my "candy crazy" sisters - such a little devil I was - lol.  Now...give me a cookie and I inhale it - that's my weakness :o).  But... I do love to see little kids dressed up in their cute costumes  and I do love to make cute, whimsical halloween cards such as the one I have to share with you today. I kept it kind of simple this time as I was short on time this week.  (P.S.  I apologize for the fuzzy photo.  My little camera battery ran out and I had to use my camera phone - it doesn't focus that well from up close). 

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit today - I'm sure glad that you did!  Many of our DT members at Addicted to Stamps and More! don't celebrate Halloween where they live and  yet the cards this week that each of them has made are just really wonderful!  You would never guess that they aren't halloween experts :o) Pop into their blogs for a visit and leave a little love note while you are at it - we love to get mail! I just can't wait to see what you come up with and visit your blog too - so go get busy! Til next time - Hugs and Happy Crafting!!

Supplies (Stampin Up! except as noted): Cardstock - Tangerine Tango (base), Basic Black and Very Vanilla.  DSP - Howlstooth and Scaringbone (from the Holiday mini catalog) - cut in one in strips varying in length at 3 1/2", 4 1/4" and 4 1/2". Stamps - Googly Ghouls (Spider with the Googly eyes added) and Spooky Bingo Bits (Boo!).  Circle punches used are the 1 3/4", 1 3/8" and 1 1/4".  Black sparklers from my stash of stuff.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle, I just love googly eyes! They are brilliant on this spider. I must admint that I HATE spiders but this one is pretty cool! I also love your paper selection. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Danielle - the colours are gorgeous. Just make sure that spider stays where he is please! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Danielle - just love the googly eyes. Looked for mine but use them so infrequently they are obviously languishing at the bottom of a very large heap!!! lol Welcome to our ATS&M DT family.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Danielle. Love the layout and how you have used the paper pieces. Looking forward to working with you.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danielle and welcome to Addicted to Stamps and More. Great debut card, love the design and the fantastic papers, your little spider is so cute with his googly eyes !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danielle, Thanks for your kind comment on my Googly Ghouls card. I love your Boo Card too. Very Cute. Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI, thanks for your sweet luv and comments. Your card is fun and fabulous. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous; I especially like your layout and the mix of papers! You do such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fabulous! CONGRATS, too, on the new DT spot! :) LOVE the googly eyes--so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your cute little spider Danielle - I guess he's not supposed to be so cute, but the googly eyes just give me a giggle. Great card, particularly from someone who isn't a huge fan of Halloween.

    So great to have you join the team. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your use of the dp. Those eyes are brill on the spider. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!