Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Simply Stampin' Challenge #79 - Sketch


Hello friends - so glad that you've popped in to visit me today!  This is a card I made for my previous boss (my old boss - get it - hehehe) who just had her 50th birthday.  I used the sketch challenge at Simply Stampin' Challenge #79 (see below) as the design for my card.  I varied from the sketch just tad by stretching the sentiment across all the circles instead of in just one of the circles. I have been making less elaborate cards lately due a series of life changes that has throw me for a temporary loop and hasn't allowed me as much time for card making. It's quite unusual for me to create a card without any dry embossing and/or patterned paper so I chose to use bold colors.  I do think that by keeping the background simple the fact that this a a 50th birthday card really stands out. 
Hope you enjoyed today's card! Til next time - Hugs and Happy Crafting! 

Supplies (from Stampin Up! unless noted): Cardstock - Raspberry Ripple, Basic Black and Whisper White. Sentiment from a stamp that says "Happy Birthday" in Bring on the Cake (I colored just the word "Happy" with a marker).  The crown is from Tiny Tags. Ink colors - Sahara Sand and Raspberry Ripple. Glimmer Brads in Basic Black adorn the four corners.  1 1/4" Circle punch was used for each circle.  The 50 is from a stash of chipboard letters.   

6 comments:

  1. Fabby card Danielle, a really great take on our sketch! Love the bold and dramatic colour combo too and I think that was the right way to go for this milestone birthday greeting!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Stampin'!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for an "oldie" Danielle! Loved your Halloween card with the googly eyed spider:) I saw your comment about not being able to leave a comment on Marie's blog and don't know if you've had an answer yet? Anyway when you go on to her blog just to the right of the post there there will be a number and if you click on that it will take you to the comments, scroll down to the bottom and there you can leave your comment:)
    Val x
    BTW welcome to ATS&M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I love how you have placed the crown in different places in the circles and the bold colours are very striking! Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Danielle, lovely colours and a great use of that crown stamp - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure she will love this, great job! Love all the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fabulous--LOVE the use of the happy over and over! A great birthday card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!