Monday, November 5, 2012

'ABC' Challenges - 3 in a Row

Hello friends and happy fall y'all! The challenge this week at 'ABC' Challenges (this means All Beautiful Cards) is to make a card picking 3 in a Row . You get to pick any 3 squares in a row - up , down, across or diagonally.  How fun is that?!   My card today uses the middle 3 squares of Punch, Fall Theme and Dry Embossing. 
 
I used two different types of dry embossing - on the main background and on the leaves.  I used 4 different punches on this card too - the leaves, the 1" circles, the 2 3/8" scallop circle and the 2 1/2" circle punch.  I colored the main image with my Stampin Write markers directly onto the stamp and just love how it turned out (though I will admit that I had to put my readers on to see those tiny little leaves).  I sponged a little of the Cajun Craze ink around the edges of the card too. It's a little busy of a card - but I like how it almost seems as if the leaves are flying around the main image.  Am not quite sure how it happened here in Montana but I just didn't feel like we had much of a fall this year - very short amount of time for the leaves turning the gorgeous colors and then BOOM we had snow
:o( (that's my grumpy face).  Here's the inside of my card too:
I got a little punch happy when I was making the leaves (its kind of theraputic to use punches) so I decided to put some on the inside too.  The sentiment stamp is from a Christmas set but I thought it worked well for the Fall/Thanksgiving Season too.  Please pop on over to the 'ABC' Challenges site and check out what the other ladies have made to inspire you.  We hope you will continue to play along - we've been so pleasantly pleased with the number of entries and the inspiration we are getting from you.  Leave us a comment if you like - we love to get mail.  Can't wait to see what you make! Til next time - Hugs and Happy Crafting!! 
 
Supplies (Stampin Up! unless noted otherwise): Cardstock - Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White and Rich Razzleberry (ink colors are all the same too except I also used Choc Chip, Early Espresso and Soft Suede).  Dry Embossing folders - Herringbone and Perfect Polka Dots.  Stamps - Four Seasons (Hostess Only) and Greetings of the Season (sentiment).  The letters are from Close to My Heart - stamped and then punched out of the middle with a 1" circle punch.  The leaf punch is one I've had for a long time in my basket of punches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!