Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Addicted to Stamps and More! CAS #4 {Happy Thanksgiving}

Hello friends - hope all is well in your world! The challenge this week at Addicted to Stamps and More! is the ever popular Clean and Simple (CAS #4). I made a Thanksgiving card in honor of one of my favorite days of the year (my first favorite being my own birthday - LOL). Why is it one of my favorites? I LOVE the fellowship of family and friends, the reminder of all our blessings and of course... the food! Our family has a couple favorite foods that we make each year, but this year I'm going to start a new tradition also called the "Thanksgiving jar". I'm going to decorate a large Mason jar and ask each person to jot down something they are thankful for. Then right after we eat I'm going to read off all the responses. Do you have a favorite food at Thanksgiving or a favorite tradition around Thanksgiving? I'd love to hear about it if you do.

I like to combine challenges whenever I can - it helps me be even more creative. I chose the colors for my card based on the color challenge going on over at 'ABC' Challenges (where I'm a DT member too). The layout for me card comes from a friend name Cindi who heads up a local card exchange group that I participate in as well.

I hope that you will decide to join us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More! I can't wait to see your CAS cards. The DT at ATS&M has done a fabulous job creating some beautiful CAS cards for your inspiration - please pop in and visit them as well. Til next time - Hugs and Happy Crafting!!

Supplies (all Stampin Up!): Cardstock - Chocolate chip and Whisper White. DSP - Patterns Designers Series paper stack in Bright collection (pumpkin pie).  Stamps - Full of Blessings (available in the holiday mini) - colored with pumpkin pie, choc chip and old olive inks and a blender pen.

10 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card Danielle - hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving Day celebration - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jar sounds like a wonderful idea! I may have to come over one year to experience a Thanksgiving :) Your card is beautiful, Danielle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is a beauty, Danielle! The colors are so rich and I like the layout. It was fun to read about your thanksgiving-plans -the jar sounds great! We who don't celebrate thanksgiving in our countries could try it during some nice get-together evening. Take care and have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wreath ... such beautiful, soft colors. Love the two layered banner ribbons with the brads. Fabulous card, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Danielle, love your card! The wreath is so pretty with the ribbon banners behind:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! LOVE the gorgeous coloring--and the wreath is amazing! LOVE your wreath cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card and super design, those colours are so rich and warm. Love the idea of the thanks giving jar how super !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wreath and these beautiful Fall colors! I hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty Danielle. Love the design. Very elegant.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!