Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge - Christmas Bingo and Creative Card Crew #25 - Star

Stamps: Evergreen - SU holiday mini
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Always Artichoke and Brushed Gold (all SU)
Other: Woodgrain embossing folder, natural twine, naturals buttons - SU

Hello friends, so glad that you've come by to visit me today! Hope you are having a wonderful day. Are you getting your Christmas shopping done? How about your Christmas cards? I think I'm pretty close to done with my cards at this point. The challenge over at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges is Christmas Bingo challenge.  I've prepared a CAS card using the Christmas tree, FREE, Gold row of the bingo board (see below). 

My FREE spot for this card is dry embossing.  I used the woodgrain texture folder for my CAS card this week and a new stamp sets from the SU holiday mini called Evergreen. I love how the sentiment layers over the top of the tree silhouette. I mounted the tree image on a piece of brushed gold cardstock (sorry it doesn't show up well in the photo).  I also colored my star with my new gold SU marker.  I added the last little bit of my stash of natural hemp twine and a naturals wood button and viola... my CAS card was done - and I like it :o)  Hope you do too!

I'm also entering this card in the Creative Card Crew Challenge #25 - Star.  It's not a big star but I think it still stands out for this challenge.

Had all kids of ideas for both of these great challenges, but not as much time as I have ideas so I'm happy to be able to share at leaset one and to practice my CAS skills while I'm at it.

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today, I'm sure glad that you did. Til next time... Hugs and Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my this is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Danielle. Great layout and love the button. A wonderful card for our challenge at Holly Jolly. Thanks for joining us this week. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card! I love your little details with the string and the button!

    Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew challenge!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely AMAZING! LOVE the woodgrain with your beautiful tree image! This is just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!