Hello Friends - is it just me or has this been the craziest of weeks?! I feel as if I have been running like a chicken with my head cut off suddenly and getting absolutely nowhere - ACKKK - goodness gracious! Sorry... stress fit now over and moving on - LOL.
I have been planning to participate in the Technique Tuesday August 2012 Challenge - Baby Wipe Reinker all month and here it is practically the last minute and I finally got it done. If technique challenges kind of make your heart go pitter patter (they do mine a little, maybe that's why I wait til the last minute to put it together)- never fear.... my dear blog friend and DT member from 52CCT, Mynnette - the challenge owner, has done a fabulous job putting together these technique instructions for us to follow. It's hard not to be successful at it with her instructions and photos of each step. She has also recently added a few new DT members to the Technique Tuesday challenge and they've shared some really FAB samples with us as well. Please go check it out - it's wonderful and I know they would love to have you participate in their budding challenge. For selfish reasons I'd like to see this challenge grow - so want to keep being inspired and learning some new technique talents to use going forward - so please support this challenge if you can ;o)
I made two cards based on this new technique and I have some parts left over to make a couple more that I might get toghether soon to share with you. Per the suggestions for the technique, I used 3 different re-inker colors - mine are Pretty in Pink, Calypso Coral and Rose Red.
This is the first one - kept it really clean and simple - focus is on the hearts - they do look cool!
Here's a side view of the card to see the dimension a little better:
I'm really glad I tried this technique! Not too messy when you use a large clear block (or other solid flat surface that won't bleed through). and different results each time you move the stamp around on the baby wipe. I only had some cleaning clothes for my letter press system that had nearly dried up in the box because it had been so long since I had last used them. I misted one of them with water and crumpled it up in my hands to re-moisten it. My ink colors spread out faster than I thought they would (the water probably made some difference) but the colors didn't completely merge into each other as I feared.