Monday, November 4, 2013

ABC Challenges #52 - Case a DT Member

Hello friends and Happy Monday!  This week at ABC Challenges we've decided to try something different.  We are nearing our 1 year anniversary and would like to celebrate by CASEing a DT member. 

Just a quick note before I go further to let you know that we will be taking a break at ABC Challenges until after the holidays so this will be our last challenge of 2013 - but we'll be back in January for another year of challenges.  Thanks so much for all your support this year- we've so enjoyed your beautiful cards!

Now... back to the ABC52.  You can pick any card of one of our fabulously talented ladies to CASE - please tell us which card you are CASEing. 

This was a bit difficult for me as I admire all the styles of our DT members.  Oh dear...how to choose???

Rosi has a great almost eclectic style that showcases different styles each week depending on her mood or the challenge.

AnnMarie loves pink and flowers and doesn't typically use very much DSP. She likes to make 3D projects as well.

Jackie likes to add a tab at the top of her card, butterflies, banners, layers, shapes and texture - and feminine (not masculine)  cards - however she is very good at masculine cards :o).

Ger loves square cards with darling images and an almost vintage style. Often there is a strip of ribbon too.

Lela likes ribbon, buttons and tags (and layers) and slight distressing. She tends to use softer colors.

Jeanette almost always uses designer series paper (inside and out) and has a very clean look with mostly rectangles for shapes. 

And...our fabulous Challenge Blog Owner Patty has a great classic style (I've CASEd her several times before :o) ).

So ultimately I decided to CASE Jeanette's style - take a look and see  how I did:
Here's the inside too (not sure what happened to the lighting in this one ):

Here's one of Jeanette's cards that I based my CASE on:
Gee I had a lot of fun browsing back through our past challenges at ABC Challenges and really looking our our DT members styles and cards. How did I do on my CASE of Jeanette? 
I hope that you will decide to join us this week at ABC51 - Case a DT Member.  Please go check out what the rest of the team as done as well.

Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D 

4 comments:

  1. I think this is a GREAT CASE of her work!! I like the cute Birdie Brown image and the awesome fall doodlebug paper ~~ one of my FAVE stacks!! :) :)
    Moonlight says that she likes the shading and the green bow.
    (I have a little crafty helper w/ me here today!!) :) :) :) Have a good day, Danielle!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Danielle, your blog post made me teary-eyed. Reading your thoughts on all of the DT members' styles was so impressive and true, too! Love that feature.

    And your CASE of me. WOW! I am honored, indeed. Your card is so pretty! I love the fall colors, thanksgiving theme, and cute Cute CUTE scarecrow. Beautiful card, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Thanksgiving card, Danielle! I love the image on the front and the inside sentiment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great version of Jeanette's card. I also think it's so nice to read your comments about the other DT members - you seem to know them really well to be able to describe their style and what you love about them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!