Friday, January 3, 2014

First Christmas card of 2014

Hello dear friends and followers, hope that you had a fabulous and blessed Christmas and that 2014 has started out on a positive note. No New Year's resolutions for me this year - wasn't completely successful with those I chose from last year. Decided not to set myself up for failure this year - LOL. I do have a few extra pounds to lose from all the holiday goodies though, so do hope to start walking and/or excercising again. Do you make New Year's resolutions?

After a bit of rest, we are back again at 52CCT.  We have a new look, some new DT members on the team (starting next month), and a whole new year of 52 weekly challenges to help you (and us) be prepared for Christmas by making your cards each week.  I know that I was very happy to have such a big, beautiful stack to choose from.  I even had some extras that I shared with a friend - that felt really  good.

So let's get started with the first challenge.  52CCT Challenge #1 of 2014 is a Sketch Challenge.


Here's my DT card to share with and inspire you this week. 

I went with traditional Christmas colors and used up some of my stash of washi tape. I think I bought way too much of that stuff - so you might be seeing some more of it over the course of the year :o) The Santa is from one of my older, and loved, Stampin Up! sets.

I am also entering this card in the first challenge of 2014 for Christmas Cards All Year Round - January Christmas Anything Goes.

The rest of the lovely ladies on the 52CCT DT  have made some wonderful creations to share with you as well.  Please pop on over to the challenge site and see what they've done.  I hope you will decide to join us this year - it's lots of fun! Can't wait to see what you make. Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D

10 comments:

  1. Great minds--I used up some washi tape, too! ;) And we went for the same colors!!! LOVE this, D! The sentiment is so fun and that Santa in the corner is darling! HUGS and hope you're off to a great New Year! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely jolly card Danielle - Happy New Year to you - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful card - thanks for sharing this for CCAYR December anything goes challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great style and a fun card, Danielle! My New Year's resolution is to use what I've already got in my stash....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and I love the sketch! I should start to work on my new year's resolution -make x mas cards all year round... So thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute Danielle! Love the washi tape - perfect for the diagonal stripes. And LOVE the ho-ho-ho :) Thanks for the link to both challenges! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Card thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR for the January challenge "Anything Goes"

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cheery Santa is bound to bring a smile to the person who receives this card! Excellently done, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a very jolly Santa! Love the traditional colours and theme. I like the washi tape you've used, I really must use some of the several rolls I've got ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card Danielle. The Santa is so cute and I love the traditional colors. Never used Washi tape but it sure adds some zing to the card. Thanks so much for joining us at CCAYR this month. Hope to see you back for our next challenge. Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!